We love being able to provide solutions to marketing and design decisions companies face. In 2018, we expanded our services to also offer Content Management when Heather Murr joined our team. However, besides writing content, Heather also works as our Project Manager.
When asked what she looks forward to every day, Heather had much to say. “I love it all- writing, working hard, and staying on top of all our projects. Having too little to do makes me bored, so Project Management is a natural fit for me. It keeps me busy! I have also come to love improving websites through Search Engine Optimization (SEO). Angel has taught me so much about SEO and let me run with it. Last, but certainly not least, I really love serving people, so getting to be the liaison between our team and clients is really rewarding to me.”
Heather never thought about Project Management as a career before Angel offered her the position. Her love for writing, however, started when she was very young. She said, “I have always loved words. From the time I began to learn to read and write, I would journal and fill in pictures for the words I did not know. Over the years, my interests evolved. In high school, I wrote a lot of poetry, short stories, and one book that is terrible. It was obviously written by a fourteen-year-old, and I will never show it to anyone! In college, I was a foreign language major. So, words are the force behind my passions.”
Heather had no trouble answering what is most rewarding for her about being part of our team. “I cannot tell you how rewarding it is to work on projects that benefit our community. For a small team, we are able to do so much. When I see a multitude of people viewing something that we have produced, it is really wonderful to see the impact we are having. We have such an incredible team as well. We are very diverse in interests, backgrounds, and beliefs, but we work so well together. Every single day we have fun, and I know that is truly special in the workplace.”
5 of Heather’s Favorites
- Dropping the perfect meme or GIF and making our team laugh
- Sitting around a bonfire on the farm where I grew up
- Cooking, reading, and laughing at silly things with my two-year-old daughter
- Music: I have a ridiculous amount including about a thousand CDs I’m too nostalgic to part with
- Shooting clays out of the sky
5 interesting facts about Heather:
- Books that have greatly impacted me: The Bible, To Kill a Mockingbird, and A Grief Observed by C.S. Lewis
- I love to travel internationally and the more remote the location, the better!
- I believe in the Oxford comma.
- My second language is Spanish.
- I really shouldn’t because my master’s degree is in Library and Media, and I know better…BUT, I always dog-ear my books! I just can’t keep up with bookmarks!
Words Heather lives by:
“Now, every time I witness a strong person, I want to know: What dark did you conquer? Mountains do not rise without earthquakes.” -Katherine McKennett