We love having the chance to take your professional headshots! Now that social media has taken on such an important role in promoting our professional portfolios, having an impact-making headshot is crucial. An exceptional headshot gives people an idea of your personality before they meet you. Your smile portrays approachability, and offers people the chance to grow comfortable with you before even shaking your hand.
When coming in to take your headshots, we want you to feel and look your best. Read on to learn about the best ways to dress for your professional headshots, what to expect when you arrive, and other helpful tips to ensure you are happy with your final photos!
Come Prepared For Your Headshot!
Coming in for your headshot? There are a few ways to prepare and come ready to take your best photos!
Get enough Rest and Hydrate
First and foremost, get plenty of sleep and hydrate for a few days leading up to your shot. A good night’s rest will give your skin and eyes that “healthy glow”. Drinking plenty of water will also help your skin and eyes look fresh and bright.
Dress Your Best
Dress in comfortable clothes that compliment your skin tone and body type. You look and feel your best when you are comfortable and confident in what you are wearing in front of the camera. Pick out something that you love to wear that makes you look professional and matches the tone for the job you are representing. When deciding what color backdrop you like, keep in mind to wear contrasting colors that don’t blend into your surroundings. Avoid bright colors, clothes with holes and stains, and busy patterns. We want the attention to be on your bright smiling face!
Bring a Touch- Up Kit
Bring a few “touch up” tools! Just before we take your picture, be sure to check a mirror to make sure you are all set and ready to take your photos! If you wear makeup, bring some extra foundation, lip gloss, and mascara just in case you need to freshen up just a bit. You may also wish to bring a compact mirror, some tissues, and extra hairspray and bobby pins to help with any flyaways.
We offer hair and make-up services upon request, but arrangements must be made at least 48 hours before your appointment.
Keep Your Headshots Simple
Finally, remember that simpler is always better. Try to avoid putting on extra makeup that you normally wouldn’t wear, and don’t try out a drastic new haircut the day before your headshots. You want to feel comfortable and stress free when you arrive to take your photos.
What to expect with your final photos-
We want your photos to be genuine and true to your appearance. For your headshots, we will:
- Take several shots at different angles
- Choose flattering angles according to your body type
- Adjust hair as needed for most flattering angle
- Give makeup advice upon request (makeup and hair styling is available at additional cost, MUST notify our team at least 24 hours ahead of appointment)
- Choose two (2) images we consider the two best-looking/most flattering shots, according to angles, smile, posture, facial expression, based on our experience in the industry
- Format, edit and enhance two (2) final images
- Perform basic color correction
- Perform basic touch-ups:
- MINOR skin softening
- Accentuating eyes
- Removing MINOR blemishes
- Removing lipstick on teeth
- Covering/masking pimples
- Removing reflections from glasses to the best of our ability
- Soften skin shine
- Your headshots will be delivered to you within 5-7 business days download link. If you need your headshots sooner, we can do an expedited delivery for a small charge.
We will NOT:
- Alter your appearance
- Liquify skin (removing ALL wrinkles or natural blemishes)
- Straighten teeth or remove braces
- Digital facelifts or general body alterations
- Digital weight loss
- Change hair or eye color
- Take responsibility for your outfit or its appearance in the pictures
We want you to love your headshots and look and feel your best while taking them! Come prepared to have fun and take some great shots with us at Light Alive Marketing. Need headshots for you or your team? Call us at (580) 699-2729 or schedule an appointment here!