There are many things in life that we maintain with regular service. Take your car, for example. To keep it up and running, you must have it serviced regularly. The small parts need to continuously mesh with the larger parts to function properly. Your website is much like a car- with so many moving parts like plugins, coding, and themes, it’s important to keep your eye on the odometer to know when it’s time to service your site and commit to on going web maintenance.
Think of your plugins as apps on your phone. From time to time, the creator or coder on the backend makes changes to its functionality. This can include fixing bugs, adding new features, or improving the speed of the app itself. That’s what your plugins are for! Your contact forms, polls, social media buttons… you name it! It’s a plugin attached to your website. All of these are created to interact with the coding of your site and its design in a specific way. If one small change is made to these apps on the backend, it can impact the entire site.
Like mentioned above, there is a great deal of coding happening on the backend of your website. One small update on a singular function can impact the entire coding setup of your website, causing an error that will make your website crash completely. Running maintenance and service updates routinely will prevent the headache of trying to find the culprit of your 404 error (broken link).
Your security is the main reason that website maintenance is so important. If your organization is using a Content Management System (CMS) such as Drupal or WordPress, you will want to ensure that your site is keeping up with software patches and security updates. Failing to do so gives hackers the chance to steal data from your site.
Light Alive Maintenance Plans are an excellent way to manage your website and ensure that your website is always functioning properly. Light Alive Marketing offers the following options depending on the plan you select to keep your website top-notch:
- Technical maintenance and updates of all software installed on the website
- Monitoring of website health (code)
- Installation and upkeep of firewall and malware protection
- Full site restoration at no additional cost in case of a crash due to software errors, update conflicts or malware attacks
- Updates of content and/or images for up to one (1) hour of time (additional time and charges may apply)
- One additional hour of content and/or image updates
- Quarterly meta-tag review
- Ongoing Sitemap optimization and advanced URL submission for easier indexing
- Keyword research and selection
- Additional keyword optimization (adding more keywords per page)
- Sitemap optimization
- Ongoing quarterly keyword reporting
- Monthly Google Analytics Reporting
Interested in learning more about our web maintenance plans and web design services? Give us a call at (580) 699-2729!